Reed diffusers are a great way to add constant fragrance to your home. There’s nothing better than having a refreshing scent permanently flowing throughout your home. Unlike candles, reed diffusers produce fragrances that usually last longer and don’t require an open flame. They work well in areas you want to keep scented but cannot keep an eye on the flame of a candle. The reeds permeate a beautiful fragrance through the air naturally in any space of your home. This makes reed diffusers a more practical scent solution for most homes.
There are five basic human senses : touch, sight, hearing, taste and smell. Our vision helps us see the world. However, it is our sense of smell that helps us retain memories of what we enjoy most.
We have created this vacation collection as we wish to help people relive their memories of unforgettable vacation from the comforts of their home. They can relive their happiest moments and find themselves transported to the vacation by indulging in their favorite vacation scent.
Relive your memories of the tranquility you experienced during your vacation at The Shangri-La Hotel from the comforts of your home. The scent is fresh and clean, and is said to evoke sensations of serenity and calm.
The Notes : Lemon oil, linalool, lavandin oil and hedione.
Therapeutic Properties of The Shang
- Lift you in a better mood, soothe anxiety and lift the spirits.
- Induce calm and relieve stress.
- Lavender and soothing scent that has therapeutic effects.
Relive your memories of the calm and relaxing retreat you experienced during your vacation at the Marina Bay Sands from the comforts of your home.
Notes : Ginger, eucalyptus, violet, jasmin, musky, amber
Therapeutic Properties of The Sand
- Calms the mind, body and soul
- Brings out positive and constructive emotions
- Helps with stress, anger, anxiety and depression
Reed Diffuser FAQ
How to set up a new Reed Diffuser ?
This is a recommended method to use a new reed diffuser :
- Before you start, place paper towels below the diffuser glass in case of spills. Avoid using any surface that may be easily stained by oil spills.
- If the fragrance oil comes in a separate container, then you need to pour the oil into your diffuser glass until it is ¾ full. If your diffuser glass has been filled with oil when it was bought, then you can skip this step.
- Place your reeds into the diffuser glass so that the bottom of the sticks are submerged totally in the fragrance oil.
- Allow your reeds to absorb the oil for a few minutes and then carefully flip them so that the dry end of the stick is in the bottle and the saturated end of the stick is in the air.
- Spread your reeds as much as possible to let air circulate between them. It will take about 24 hours for the scent to fully diffuse.
Where to place your Reed Diffuser ?
Reed diffusers work well in these popular places :
- Bedrooms - Can create a calming ambience within your bedroom.
- Bathrooms - Can create a refreshing scent to your bathroom.
- Kitchens - Can reduce the cooking smells within your kitchen space.
- Home offices - Can lift your moods and create positive vibes to your home office.
For smaller rooms like bathrooms, a small reed diffuser with 3-4 reeds is sufficient to provide a refreshing scent. For a bigger room area, you may need additional reed sticks and a larger diffuser or multiple diffusers to achieve a consistent fragrance throughout the room.
The best location to place the Diffuser is somewhere that people tend to walk by so that they can get a nice whiff of scent every time they walk past that area. The Diffuser should be placed in an area with good air circulation but not next to the air-conditioner or windows. It should be placed in a cool and shady location as the bottle will be kept at a lower temperature and out of direct sunlight will help it to last longer.
How often should you flip the reeds ?
Flipping the reed sticks will provide a fresh burst of fragrance and helps prevent the reeds from getting clogged. We recommend doing this flipping process once a week or once every two weeks.
You can take the reeds out and put the dry end into the vessel. Doing this over a basin, dustbin, a big piece of paper towel can avoid dripping oil onto your table or furniture. Hold the reeds with a piece of tissue to keep your fingers and hands from getting oily and slippery.
When should you replace the reeds ?
It is recommended to replenish your reeds along with your oil. That’s because dust and other impurities can start to clog up the reed over time, which hinders the oil from diffusing properly. Our recommendation is to replace reeds when you refill your diffuser.
Can I re-use my reeds with different scent ?
Once the reeds have been used for a certain scent, you cannot use them for another scent. The scent is already absorbed into your reeds and will mix with the new scent that could produce undesired scent combinations.
You should use new reeds when you switch to a new scent, if the reds become completely saturated, or if they become clogged with dust. After prolonged use and complete saturation of the reeds, the channels can become slightly clogged. Simply replace it with new reeds to get the scent flowing again.
Can I dilute the oil with water ?
No. Oil and water do not mix. You will end up with warped reeds and uneven wicking. There is no need to mix or dilute the oil with anything.