⚠️ We have yet another battle to fight as dengue cases have spiked dramatically the past 2 weeks. It has been awhile since we have been heavily affected by dengue outbreak all need a friendly reminder on how to keep these deadly mosquitoes at bay!
Simple steps to keep mosquitoes at bay:
- Practice the 5-step Mozzie Wipeout:
- Wherever possible, wear protective clothing - e.g. long pants and sleeves
- Carry around insect repellent! Always spray on, even at home. Check out this kid-friendly spray: https://tinyurl.com/jeunete-happy-shield that can help repel not just insects but dust mites as well! Paraben-free and suitable for use on most surfaces!
- Use insecticide on dark, hollow areas - e.g. roof gutters, behind curtains, window sills
- If you experience any dengue-like symptoms (fever, sore eyes, muscle aches) seek medical assistance immediately.
According to Ministry of Health, some of the symptoms involve:
- Sudden onset of fever for 2-7 days
- Severe headache with pain behind the eyes
- Joint and muscle pain
- Skin rashes
- Nausea and vomiting
Let's all stay vigilant, remain alert defend ourselves against mozzie attacks!